CoAspire has a new full-time Cybersecurity job opening as of February 1, 2017!
COASPIRE JOB TITLE: MALWARE FORENSIC ANALYST
Supporting Agency/Department: US Department of Commerce in Downtown Washington, DC
SALARY RANGE: In excess of $115,000 with a generous benefit package including 401k match
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time
WORK LOCATION: On-site in downtown Washington, DC. at the Department of Commerce Headquarters building: 1401 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20230
WHO MAY APPLY: United States citizens only
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Current TS required with the ability to be immediately cleared for SCI
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
RELOCATION PACKAGE: None
As an employee of CoAspire, LLC, the candidate will provide computer security incident forensic malware analysis services to the Department of Commerce's Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT).
TRAVEL REQUIRED: limited
US Citizenship is required.
Current Top Secret Clearance is required with the ability to be immediately cleared for SCI.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
One or more of the following active certifications are required:
· EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
· GIAC Certified Incident Handler
· GIAC Certified Forensics Examiner
· GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst
· COMPTIA Security+
Resume, certificates, or references validating the knowledge and in-depth hands on experience with forensic processes, methodology and tools.
1. Tools such as but not limited to Encase, FTK, Cellebrite, etc.;
2. Formal Forensic Training (for example, SANS, FBI, Encase);
3. In depth knowledge and expertise of chain of custody and special handling of evidence:
4. Experience as subject matter expert testimony in court/administrative hearings and trial as a result of computer investigations;
5. Mastery of Computer Hacking techniques and countermeasures;
6. Experience in conducting workstation and server vulnerability scans globally;
7. Strong understanding of operating systems (such as Microsoft) and network infrastructure, including routers, switches, TCP/IP, public/private networks, IPSec, and VPN;
8. Knowledge of Network and Data Communications such as hubs, switches, routers, etc.;
9. Knowledge of defense perimeters such as Firewall’s, Proxies, Intrusion Detection Systems, etc.;
10. Expertise/proficiency in a variety of current technologies including Unix, Windows, Linux and Mac;
11. 5+ years’ experience working in an information security technical role.
The Candidate possesses practical experience, Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience in the following:
12. Minimum of 7 years experience in a large Information Technology (IT) environment.
13. Expertise on intrusion detection and prevention methods
14. Knowledge of common industry scanning tools.
15. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
16. Proficiency in data processing methodology and information security software.
17. Knowledge of information security control methods, principles and technologies.
18. Ability to act as team member and leader, advise and support non-technical peers and interact with management.
19. Knowledge of NIST 800-53
20. Knowledge of NIST 800-61
21. Knowledge of NIST 800-86
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Contractor shall provide forensic investigation and analysis:
22. Inappropriate access to systems, internal or external resources, data files and /or accounts;
23. Unauthorized download or transmittal of software or files which violate State and Federal copyright laws;
24. Use and access of Agency network resources beyond normal work functions or authorized incidental use;
25. Investigate security or privacy violations related to the life cycle of information resources; such as collection, access, use, processing, manipulation, disposal and disclosure -- to be identified once Contractor is on site.
26. Document and present findings and recommendation to CIRT management or designated team;
27. Serve as liaison to law enforcement of computer investigations as appropriate.
28. Available for recall to represent the Agency as needed as witness in hearing / trial a result of forensic investigation; Not to exceed 5 hours.
This position is subject to satisfactory completion and favorable adjudication of initial background investigation and reinvestigation as a condition of employment.
Activities require walking, bending, sitting, standing, and occasionally lifting light to moderately heavy objects.
Work will be performed indoors, in a shop or office atmosphere.
If a candidate resides in a HUBZONE, please indicate that on the resume or submission through ZipRecruiter. Residing in a HUBZONE is a desirable factor but not a key discriminator in making a hiring decision. To determine if you reside in a HUBZONE, you can enter your address in the following website: http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/
HOW TO APPLY:
You can submit your resume through ZipRecruiter or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a guide, your resume should include the following information: 1) job information for which you are applying; 2) personal information; 3) education; 4) work experience as well as dates of employment; and title, if applicable; 5) supervisors phone number and e-mail address for the relevant work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 6) other qualifications to include security clearance, and other important relevant factors and the ability to meet the key requirements for the position.
(END OF JOB DESCRIPTION)
CoAspire's Corporate Culture
CoAspire's corporate culture is predicated on serving our employees, providing them with the tools, good pay, benefits, and the knowledge they need to succeed.
CoAspire's goal is to enable its employees so they can achieve their career and professional development goals. We focus on hiring quality employees, and putting the right people in the right place at the right time.
Above all, we emphasize personal integrity and business ethics as the foundation for all that we do for our customers. We are realistic; we focus on our clients' missions, manage challenging problems, and blend academic excellence with extensive operational experience.
We are easy going in that we support our customers' requirements but are dedicated to our people. We hire for character and train for skill.
We believe that by taking care of our employees, they will in turn take care of our customers. As such CoAspire consistently provides our employees with the opportunities they need for growth and advancement in order to enable them to achieve their career goals.
The following is a very good list that helps define the culture of CoAspire, where it is okay to: